Cephalexin - antibacterial agents for systemic use. Cephalosporins of the first generation. Used in the treatment of infections caused by microorganisms susceptible to cefalexin: ENT organs and respiratory tract, genitourinary system, skin and soft tissues, bone tissue and joints.
Your order will be packed safe and secure and dispatched within 24 hours. This is exactly how your parcel will look like (pictures of a real shipping item). It has a size and a look of a regular private letter (9.4x4.3x0.3 inches or 24x11x0.7cm) and it does not disclose its contents
Semisynthetic antibiotic of cephalosporin range (1st generation). Cephalexin is of a bactericidal action and has a wide spectrum of action. The following bacteria are susceptible to it: staphylococci, streptococci, pneumococci, E. coli, salmonella, shigella, hemophilic rod, proteus, treponema, Klebsiella.
- respiratory tract caused by pathogens susceptible to Cephalexin (bronchitis, pneumonia, abscess of the lungs, pleurisy);
- urinary system caused by pathogens susceptible to Cephalexin (cystitis, pyelonephritis, etc.) and the reproductive system (vulvovaginitis, endometritis, epididymitis, etc.);
- ENT organs (otitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, etc.);
- skin (phlegmon, pyoderma, abscess, furunculosis);
- musculoskeletal system (osteomyelitis, arthritis).
For adults, Cephalexin is prescribed in a daily dose of 1-4 g, if the infection is caused by gram-negative flora the dose can be increased to 4-6 g. It is recommended to take the drug every 6 hours. The course of therapy is 1-2 weeks.
For children, the drug is prescribed in a dose of 25-50 mg per kilogram of body weight, if the infection is caused by a gram-negative flora the dose of drug can be increased to 100 mg a day.
Depending on age, the following dosages of the drug are prescribed:
• for children under 12 month: 2.5 ml of suspension Cephalexin 250 mg / 5 ml 3-4 times a day;
• for children from 1 to 3 years: 5 ml of suspension Cephalexin 250 mg / 5 ml three times a day;
• for children from 3 to 6 years: 7.5 ml of suspension Cephalexin 250 mg / 5 ml three times a day;
• for children from 6 to 10 years: 10 ml of suspension Cephalexin 250 mg / 5 ml three times a day;
• for children from 10 to 14 years: 10 ml of suspension Cephalexin 250 mg / 5 ml three times a day.
In some cases (uncomplicated infections of urinary tract, skin, soft tissues or pharyngitis of streptococcal etiology), the daily dose can be split into two doses with an interval of 12 hours.
Intolerance to cephalosporins and penicillin antibiotics, considering the possibility of cross-allergy.
Side effects on the level of GI tract: dyspepsia, diarrhea, in very rare cases - pseudomembranous colitis.
Other side effects: weakness, tremor, dizziness, reactions on the blood level (eosinophilia, neutropenia, leukopenia), allergic reactions, in single cases - up to anaphylactic shock.